The Trust is committed to advancing Christian religion. Trustees are particularly interested in innovative and practical ecumenical projects in the UK; and also those in countries outside the UK where there is a special and specific need. In addition, the Trust also welcomes applications from other faith communities.
Trustees seek to support ground-breaking inspirational projects that will achieve demonstrable benefits, which will then be disseminated widely.
Current priorities are innovative projects that:
- Encourage Christian people to uphold, engage and communicate their faith in the public domain.
- Encourage dialogue between Christian faith and contemporary issues in a secular society.
- Encourage closer working relationships between Christian denominations; and / or to improve inter-faith relationships by facilitating a better understanding between faiths. A particular area of interest is improving dialogue and mutual understanding between Christian and Muslim faiths.
- Support and encourage the innovative education and communication of Christianity within the UK and also internationally.
- Encourage specific groups of people to explore their experience of spirituality and their spiritual needs and strengths, and to help others to understand these.
The Trust prioritises projects that:
- Break down religious and secular divides.
- Are untested and have the potential to be ‘game-changers’.
- Involve the vocational development of key people within relevant fields.